We are glad to inform you that we have successfully conducted the 3rd
Annual General Meet of G C College Alumni Association NCR, Delhi on 11th
January 2009. The program started at 11.00am at Bipin Chandra Pal Memorial Trust
Bhavan Lawns, A – 81, C R Park, New Delhi – 110 019.
- Shri Sontosh Mohan Dev, Hon’ble Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
was the Chief Guest on the occasion.
- The cultural program was - Hindustani Classical songs by Smt. Anwesha Bhattacharjee
(Young Artist) and Dr.Rita Dev (Alumnus and Student of Smt. Girija Devi). The same
was followed by an interactive session & lunch.
- Our new alumni website www.mygccollege.com was formally launched by the Honorable
Minister. The website has been designed to work as a link between all Alumni across
the world and the Association.
- GCCAA informed that 1 room (with 2 beds) will be reserved for students/Alumni coming
from Silchar/Barak-valley to appear in any entrance exam or interview in Delhi.
The room will be provided to the applicants for a limited period and the same will
be available on prior application to the Association.
- Keeping in line with the social objectives of the Association, GCCAA informed that
‘Binapani Memorial Scholarship Series’ will be initiated for the degree course
batch i.e., 1st Year B.Sc./BA/B.Com.- students joining G C College, Silchar in 2009.
One student from each stream will be awarded scholarship. The same students will
continue to get scholarship till his/her graduation, depending on performance. The
amount of scholarship will be minimum Rs.1000/- Per Month to maximum Rs.1500/- Per
Month depending on improvement of performance. We will be shortly placing the modalities
to G C College Silchar Management for their concurrence and initiate award accordingly.
The scholarship has been initiated by Shri Tapash Paul (Treasurer/GCCAA, Delhi).
- Our Chief Guest and Alumnus Shri Sontosh Mohan Dev, Hon’ble Minister for Heavy
Industries and Public Enterprises has highly appreciated our endeavor. Shri Dev
expressed his desire to donate Rs.25Lacs. This Rs.25Lacs, on receipt will be placed
on a fixed deposit, and as desired, the interest from the amount will be utilized
to help needy Alumni Families. We will be shortly informing the modalities and also
the same will be also notified in our website www.mygccollege.com.
Best wishes from the Executive Committee.